GDOT will be hosting the 2017 STGEC in Savannah, Georgia. The conference will be held on December 11 – 14, 2017 in Savannah, Georgia. This conference will explore the challenges and advances in geotechnical, geological, geophysical, and geoenvironmental engineering. The geotechnical field is constantly increasing in its complexity and rate of change. This conference aims to bring together designers, practitioners and research professionals involved in current geotechnical problems and technologies.
As part of this conference, they are looking forward to a variety of presentations that demonstrate feasible, state-of-the-practice and innovative solutions to today’s challenges in transportation geotechnical engineering. Suggested topics for the presentations include the following:
- In-situ Testing Methods
- Geophysical Testing Methods
- Soil and Rock Mechanics
- Seismic Design
- Soil and Rock Slope Design
- Deep Foundations and Substructures
- Geotechnical Innovations
- Ground Improvements
- Earth Retaining Structures
- Geotechnical Instrumentation (Use of Smart sensors, etc.)
- Geotechnical Asset Management
- Design Build
- Case Studies
- Other related topics are welcome
- Other related topics are welcome. Please Specify
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract length should be limited to 200 to 400 words, 1½-spaced, 11-point Arial font type, justified, without figures or photos, in Microsoft WORD DOC format (2007 or newer).
The abstract should include:
- Title of paper,
- Authors’ names,
- Affiliations of all authors, and
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mails).
Technical and editorial assistance for abstract preparation are available on request.
Abstract Submission Contacts
To submit your abstract and speaker information or to ask any questions you may have, please contact either
Ian Rish (email@example.com, 404-608-4726) or
Mary Cooley (firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-608-4730)
Please include “STGEC Abstract” in your subject line.