- This event has passed.
International Course on Geotechnical and Structural Monitoring
June 13, 2017 - June 15, 2017
The 4th International Course on Geotechnical and Structural Monitoring, organized again by Paolo Mazzanti and directed by John Dunnicliff, will follow the same general format of past successful editions. However, some relevant innovations will characterize this edition, such as the venue and a significantly renewed panel of speakers.
Following the great success of the 2016 course, also in this edition three special sessions will be dedicated to the presentation of the new trends on geotechnical and structural monitoring covering the following topics:
- New Trends in Contact Monitoring
- New Trends in Remote Monitoring
- New Trends in Offshore Monitoring and Data Transmission and Management
Furthermore, the most challenging Case Histories will be selected by those submitted by course participants and will be part of the course schedule.
However, the most relevant news will be the Master Classes, led by international experts the day before the official beginning of the Course, specifically oriented to provide practical basic know-how on use of the most common monitoring systems.
Take a look at the Official Schedule of 2017 Edition.
This is a course for practitioners, taught by practitioners with wide field experience. The emphasis is on why and how to monitor field performance.
The course is structured in 3-days course (13-15 June, 2017), 1-day Master Classes (12 June, 2017) and a half day Field trip (16 June, 2017).
The main course will cover the following main topics:
- Basic concepts of monitoring and planning
- Contact Monitoring methods
- Remote Monitoring methods
- Vibration Monitoring
- Offshore Monitoring
- Management, analysis and interpretation of data
- Interactive sessions
- Case-histories, given by international leading experts
- Open forum
The following Master Classes (held the day before the official beginning of the course) are planned:
- Master Class on Piezometers
- Master Class on Inclinometers
- Master Class on Extensometers
- Master Class on Total Stations
- Master Class on GNSS
- Master Class on Terrestrial Radar