- This event has passed.
7th International Conference on Debris-Flow Hazards Mitigation
June 10, 2019 - June 13, 2019
The 7th International Conference on Debris-Flow Hazards Mitigation will be held June 10 – 13, 2019 in Golden, Colorado, USA on the campus of Colorado School of Mines.
With the beautiful Rocky Mountains covering half the state, Colorado shares the problem of debris-flow hazards with other mountainous areas of the world. Against this backdrop, scientists, engineers, and policy makers from around the world will be able to share new research and ideas in the field of debris flows. The website provides initial details on the conference and venue. Additional information will be added as the conference date approaches.
The following topics (and more!) will be the focus of the 7th International Conference on Debris-Flow Hazards Mitigation.
- Debris-flow initiation
- Mechanics of debris-flow growth
- Debris-flow mobility
- Debris-flow deposits and fan morphology
- Physical and numerical modeling of debris flows
- Debris-flow monitoring and alert systems
- Applications of new technologies
- Forensic case studies of debris flows
- Prediction and assessment of debris-flow hazards and risk
- Emergency planning and response
- Debris-flow mitigation
- Role of disturbance in debris-flow initiation and mobility
- Data integration and sharing
- Needs of local government end users